Friday, June 14, 2013

A Bad Case of Stripes


So this year for our class play we did "A Bad Case of Stripes" by David Shannon. So I rewrote the book into a script, and rewrote popular songs (i.e. Call Me Maybe) to turn it into a mini musical. It was a total hit! They had, and I had a total blast. Now this summer all I want to do is revamp it up with more songs! I just finished rewriting Greased Lightning to fit A Bad Case of Stripes play. I can't wait to see what hilarious little boy will have the main solo in that one! And I have been choreographing it! Oh my goodness it makes me soooo excited! I love doing plays. I feel that it gives students confidence, and helps many of them face a fear. It also helps them with fluency as we practice the scripts, and memorizing :). If you haven't done a play I totally recommend it!!
Also, I have been missing my class terribly... can't wait till next year!
 
 
Signing Out!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment